Multimedia Design Semester Test Information
Create a graduation invitation using Photoshop
Document sizes you must choose from (in inches):
You may choose portrait or landscape.
Design both the front and back
Items to include:
Save as your last name, grad invite, front or back (example: Jacobsen Grad Invite Front or Jacobsen Grad Invite Back)
Completing the minimum requirements listed above earns a C on the semester test.
Ways to improve the grade include:
- Using creative features of the Photoshop programs to enhance the invitation
- Adding interest and design to the invitation
- Get creative without getting junky
To turn the invitation in, e-mail it to me.
- The subject of the e-mail should be your last name and Grad Invite.
- Example: Jacobsen Grad Invite
Front of Invite
Back of Invite
In case you have forgotten a few of the tricks of the programs, here are some reminders in addition to the posters on my walls(-:
- To unlock background -- double click on the name "background" and change the name. This type of file will save as a psd. Don't flatten it!
- If an image file layer is named "index" it will cause problems. To fix it -- select all, copy, new document, paste. Now work from the new file and close the old file.
- If you want the background to be invisible (checker board) -- rename the background layer (see top bullet) then delete any background color (like the white it normally opens with. You will save this file as a psd. Don't flatten it!
- To use the text effects, click on the text with the arrow tool then double click the effect you want to use.
- DON'T flatten or make smaller. I want it in the size you created it in.
- If the file is too large to attach to an e-mail, upload it to drive and share with me.
- The computer will walk you through these steps if you let it. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE ME VIEWING OR COMMENTING PRIVILEGES.